10:15 PM

Drunk dialing and bikram memphis

Often times I find that after a night of drinking I find that I don't drunk dial. Main reason, because I slur my words enough as it is when I'm sober and I don't want to be that chick calling up.

However, drunk texting rocks! I will do that with certain individuals. Even still, I'm fairly good about keeping some moderation.

This brings up the point of having random celebrities in your phone. Like I have Steve Nieve's (Elvis Costello and the Attractions/The Imposters, pianist) The only time I could imagine having the courage to use numbers that I have (or have not been given.. ahem) would be during a drunk dial.

My mother has Ruth Bader Ginsberg's number. This would be the most excellent number to call up, especially at a raucous party where some bs argument comes up.

"Star Wars is waay better, dude! The action sequences are cooler and the scifi aspect of it going to different worlds is better."
"BS. Star Trek is the way to go. You can't compare to the power of James T. Kirk."
"Na-uh"
"Uh-huh!"
"Shut up retard, I'm gonna call up someone who could give us the final word. (dial) Hey Ruthie! I know it's three in the morning, but dude, what's better? Star Trek or Star Wars? Uh-huh... HA! Star Wars I told you, bitches! And now you can't bring it up and argue it again, because that's double jeapardy and there's no power higher than a muthafuckin' supreme court justice. No appeals. Pwned!"

You would be the most pedantic, annoying drunk ever. And that's cool.



A friend of mine called me up to tell me he was doing bikram yoga. I kinda laughed, because I had decided a while back, that as long as I'm in memphis that is pointless. Bikram yoga is yoga done at 105 degrees, with 60 percent humidity. Every thing we do in memphis during the summer is bikram. It's been over 100s all week. Yesterday I took a bikram walk to the mailbox. Then I did some bikram bbq sandwich eating. Hooked up with a dude last week with no utilities, and did some bikram fucking and afterwards had a delightful bikram nap. I lost 3 pounds. (Then gained it back on my face!)

So, that's enough for this week.

0 comments: